STREET REPAIR AND RE-PAVING SERVICES
REQUEST FOR BIDS
Public Notice Publication: June 14, 2018
Bid Submission Deadline: July 2, 2018 6:00PM
Bid Submission Method: Mail to or drop off at above address or email a pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Village is requesting sealed bids for the following three (3) streets:
A. Meadow Street between curb-line at Park Street west to curb-line at N Railroad Avenue
B. N Railroad Avenue (aka Old Rte 34) between curb-line at Orchard Street west to curb-line at N Railroad Avenue (next to RR overpass)
C. Park Street between curb-line at Tioga Street (Rte 34) north ~500 feet to driveway at 19 Park Street
Please provide two bids: one for all three streets; one for Meadow Street and N Railroad Avenue.
Bid proposals must specify proposed completion date. The successful bidder must abide by the New York State Prevailing Wage Schedule for Public Works Projects.
The work must meet or exceed the following requirements:
1. Provide traffic control.
2. Mill the streets sufficient to avoid changing the current grade of the streets.
3. Mill transition joints at all intersections and continuing street (Park St).
4. Raise any gas valves.
5. Raise any drainage basins or mill transitions to them as appropriate.
6. Clean & prep – power broom the entire street.
7. Apply tack coat for bond, 0.1 to 0.15 gallons per square yard.
8. Apply 2” compacted thickness of Type 7 asphalt.
9. Provide transition at all driveways as necessary.
Sealed bids will be opened on July 2, 2018 at the 7:00PM Village Board Meeting in the Village Municipal Building.
Please direct questions to Village Trustee Gilbert Knapp at 607-426-4652 or email@example.com